Tuesday, September 4, 2012

We have a name!

We have a name! Rosalie Joy Nelson. I've received many comments that this name should ensure the happiest baby on the block, I sure hope so. The most dreaded part of sharing a name is being able to weather the squinched up noses, eyebrow raises, or "So...you're sure that's the name?" Yup... we're sure. We'll end up calling her Rosie for short, but as she grows she may want to be called something more "mature," Rosalie or Rose, also beautiful in my opinion.

Besides nailing down a name, we had a pretty quiet labor day weekend. We did get to christen the new covered patio with our sweet neighbors and found out we can create a personal steam room if you use the grill and run the fan at the same time. We'll probably invest in a little stoned space beside the patio (not underneath the roof) for the grill sometime in the near future. Saturday was quiet and I spent most of the afternoon cleaning out cabinets and drawers for my pretend yard sale. Derek finds it amusing that I have half of the guest room filled with items for my "yard sale" that I'm not sure I will ever have. Maybe I'll look into one of those virtual yard sales!

On Sunday we went to Holly and Jamie's wedding up at Table Rock. It was such a beautiful ceremony and maybe one of the first weddings I've actually cried at (hormones!!). The whole theme of the wedding was no doubt God's faithfulness to His people. I've had the privalege to serve with Holly in student ministry the past two years. During that time I witnessed this wonderful work of the Lord in a late 30-something woman who was making peace and resting in the fact that the Lord may not provide a husband for her and what it looked like to rely on Him to meet every need of intamacy she longed for in a marriage relationship. Holly met Jamie through a mutual friend this past year and I believe found this common thread in him, what a foundation to start a marriage on! I think Holly would tell you, wether or not God ever provided a husband for her, He has been faithful to meet her every need...I am beyond excited to be able to continue to witness the love story He is writing for her and the ministry she and Jamie will be able to have. Praise God for the "stories" of His people, how He so intricately writes them to capture our hearts and leave us no other choice but to worship Him.

Yesterday we rode with James, Erin, and Eden down to Chapin to spend our Labor day with family at the lake. I was feeling the love from my "Aunt" Jeannine who made her famous strawberry cake and layered salad "just for me!" She definitely knows the way to a pregnant woman's heart. I just love spending time with this side of my family, it's awesome that we aren't itching to leave before the food is digested and will stick around to play games and hang out long after the food is gone. It's still hard to believe that I'm no longer sitting at the "kids" table but am actually the one about to have a kid myself, I hope Rosie likes the strawberry cake and layered salad as much as I always have.

No comments:

Post a Comment